Laundry Room Remodeling Ideas
Ideas for remodeling and renovating your laundry room can help make this low-traffic area of your house more functional and delightful so that you can perform the laundry chores in a relaxed environment.
Ideas for Laundry Room Remodeling
- Prepare a proper plan for remodeling the room as per your requirements to make the laundry room better organized.
Divide areas for doing laundry, sorting, folding clothes, storing the cleaning supplies, setting the sink and faucet, etc. beforehand.
- Traditionally, a laundry room is located at the basement. However, those who do not like to carry loads of dirty clothes so far, eventually to reach a dark, dingy, must-smelling area can choose to have their laundry room on the first floor, next to the bedroom, or in combination with the kitchen or bathroom.
- Make sure you update the plumbing and electrical fixtures as well. In addition, try to create more open space in the room and remove unnecessary clutter.
- In case you are interested in replacing the washer and dryer, try looking for models that suit your needs and look aesthetic. Besides, you can install a pedestal under these bulky machines to reduce back strain. You may also include sound insulation to reduce noise.
Here’s video explaining how to choose laundry equipments and supplies.
- Another important idea for remodeling and improving your laundry room is to get appropriate cabinets, shelves, drawers, hampers, drying racks, etc.
Laundry rooms are usually small, and hence require clever storage solutions so that there is sufficient space to move around. Plus, consider the dimensions of laundry cabinets and racks carefully so that you can use them comfortably.
- To make the best use of the space available, strategically place the laundry table and utility sink (preferably near a window so that you can pre-treat stains with ease).
If you have a large laundry room, you can use this room for other purposes as well, such as sewing, craft work, storing linens, bedding, and so on.
- Installing granite or Formica counter tops and back splashes is a great idea for a beautiful laundry room makeover.
- Seek help from experienced remodeling contractors and residential designers to come up with a systematic plan. You can also take tips and suggestions from a skilled Feng Shui expert to manipulate and channel non-physical forces.
- Incorporating bright lighting is another essential aspect of laundry room. Thus, look for ideas to include lighhting to improve the ambience of the room and make it more functional. In addition, there should be enough natural light. Thus, if possible, try to add windows in the room.
- Preferably, keep the room’s design and decoration matching with the overall home décor. Plus, you can add some accessories and fun elements like laundry murals on walls to make it more attractive and exciting.
- Laundry room remodeling ideas may also include change in the flooring. You can opt for hardwood floor or colorful vinyl tiles to add beauty to the room.
Posted in Laundry Room Ideas