Laundry Room Paint Ideas
Brilliant ideas for taking help in choosing appropriate laundry room paint can brighten up the appearance of a dull and boring laundry room. After all, you spend plenty of time in this utility room doing the tedious laundry work.
Paint Color Ideas for Laundry Room
- More often than not, laundry rooms are small in size. Therefore, it is suggested that you use light and bright colors to paint the room to create an illusion of spaciousness.
Opt for colors like light blue, green, sunlight yellow, pale pink, white & tan, etc. Darker colors are more suitable for larger rooms. Green goes well with wooden furnishings.
- In cases where there is less natural light in the room, choose colors like yellow, aqua, and other soft tones of blues and greens.
Lack of natural light makes it difficult to see the undertones. “A light color will never come to life in a dark room but a rich, deep color can make a dim, somber space feel warm and luminous – even though it receives no natural light.” Donald Kaufman
- To make the walls more exciting, use stripes of complementary colors separated by black color. Make sure you use high-quality washable paint because the walls will be enduring splashes of soapy water quite often. It is for this reason that one is advised not to use wallpapers in the laundry room.
- Another fascinating paint idea is to go for crinkle paper painting to add texture and dimension to the walls using tissue paper technique.
- In addition, you can put funny posters and graffiti on the walls to make the space more enjoyable and less arduous.
- Be creative and think of a theme to derive ideas for beautiful laundry room paint. For instance, you can try beach style decoration or some other soothing and calming design that takes your mind off the cumbersome housing chore you would be doing in this room.
If you do not have time to put a design on the entire wall, just put it on certain selected areas like around the windows, ceiling, or make use of chalkboard murals.
- Try stencil painting to incorporate beautiful designs on the plain, boring walls. This is one of the most fantastic ideas for including paint colors in your laundry room in a fascinating way.
Watch this video to understand how to stencil a wall with paint.
- Those who like to be surrounded by beauty can include aesthetic vintage designs and decorations.
- Based on your hobbies and interests, choose mural painting ideas such as sky designs, exotic animal murals, under the sea murals, laundry murals, foams and bubbles, cute children’s items on a clothesline, and so on. Murals are quite popular in contemporary interior designs.
Here’s an interesting video on painting wall murals.
Apart from these ideas and suggestions, explore other innovative decoration and organization ideas for your laundry room by going through DIY projects at Pottery Barn, Lowe’s, Home Depot, etc.
Posted in Laundry Room Ideas